The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. In addition to the duties prescribed in this chapter, the board of directors shall:
1. Purchase adequate fidelity coverage for the credit union covering the president and other officials and employees handling or having custody of monies or property of the credit union.
2. Authorize the employment and compensation of the president, who may hire other persons as are necessary to carry out the business of the credit union.
3. Approve an operating budget for the credit union.
4. Authorize the conveyance of property.
5. Borrow or lend money to carry on the functions of the credit union.
6. Appoint special committees.
B. The board of directors shall perform other duties as the members from time to time may direct and perform or authorize any action not inconsistent with law or not specifically reserved by the bylaws to the members.
C. The board of directors shall purchase and maintain insurance for the credit union on behalf of a person who is or was a director, officer, employee or agent of the credit union, or who is or was serving at the request of the credit union as a director, officer, employee or agent of another corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust or other enterprise, against any liability asserted against the person and incurred by the person in any such capacity or arising out of the person's status as such, whether or not the credit union would have the power to indemnify the person against the liability.