The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
48-3774.01. Category 1 member lands; category 2 member lands; fees
A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, all real property that qualifies under section 48-3774 shall be category 1 member land. The district shall levy annual replenishment reserve charges and one-time replenishment reserve fees for category 1 member lands as provided in section 48-3772, subsection E and as follows:
1. For category 1 member lands that qualified before January 1, 2004, the district shall levy annual replenishment reserve charges for twenty-five years beginning in 2004.
2. For category 1 member land that qualifies on or after January 1, 2004, a replenishment reserve fee shall be paid before issuance of a public report for each final plat within the member land as provided in section 45-576, subsection C and the district shall levy annual replenishment reserve charges against the land included within the final plat for twenty-three years beginning in the year after payment of the corresponding replenishment reserve fee.
B. A parcel of member land shall be a category 2 member land if all of the following apply:
1. The parcel of member land is or will be used as a golf course.
2. The parcel of member land is not served by a water provider that has been designated by the director of water resources as having an assured water supply pursuant to section 45-576.
3. The owner of the parcel notifies the district in writing at the time of qualification that the parcel is to be category 2 member land. For member land that qualified under section 48-3774 before January 1, 2004, such notification must be made no later than January 30, 2004.
C. The district shall not levy replenishment reserve fees, replenishment reserve charges or a reserve replacement component against category 2 member lands.
D. The district shall not use credits from a replenishment reserve subaccount established under section 45-859.01 to satisfy its groundwater replenishment obligations for category 2 member lands. If as a result the district incurs additional costs and expenses in meeting its replenishment obligations for category 2 member lands, those additional costs and expenses are attributed solely to category 2 member lands for purposes of section 48-3772, subsection A, paragraph 1.