The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
48-3713.03. Lower Colorado river multispecies conservation program; definition
A. The board may enter into agreements with this state, an agency or political subdivision of this state, the federal government, an agency of the federal government and any other person for participation in the lower Colorado river multispecies conservation program under this section, including the payment, collection, management, investment and distribution of monies for the program.
B. The agreements may designate the state treasurer or private financial institutions as fiscal agents or trustees for collection, management, investment and distribution of monies for the lower Colorado river multispecies conservation program.
C. Monies collected for the lower Colorado river multispecies conservation program shall be used only for activities and administrative costs directly related to the multispecies conservation program and may include:
1. Monies appropriated by the legislature.
2. Additional watercraft registration fees, if assessed pursuant to section 5-321, subsection C.
3. Surcharges on Arizona-Colorado river special use permits, California-Colorado river special use permits and Nevada-Colorado river special use permits, if imposed pursuant to section 17-345, paragraph 2.
4. Colorado river water use fees, if assessed pursuant to section 45-333.
5. Gifts, grants and donations from any public or private sources.
6. Payments by any person under any agreement to fund all or part of the program.
D. For the purposes of this section, "lower Colorado river multispecies conservation program" or "program" means the cooperative effort among agencies of the federal government and agencies and political subdivisions of the states of Arizona, California and Nevada and other local public and private parties with a common interest in the water and related resources of the lower Colorado river, including the historic floodplain and reservoirs to the full pool elevations, to provide the basis for compliance with sections 7 and 10(a)(1)(B) of the endangered species act of 1973 (P.L. 93-205; 87 Stat. 884; 16 United States Code sections 1536 and 1539).