The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A district may cooperate with the United States and this state or any instrumentality, department, agency or political or municipal subdivision of either in the construction, maintenance and operation of flood control projects and the enforcement of this article and regulations adopted pursuant to it. To that end, the district may:
1. Enter into appropriate agreements.
2. Acquire and provide without cost to the cooperating entity land, easements, rights-of-way and services necessary for the construction of flood control projects and the regulation of floodplains.
3. Hold and save any cooperating entity free from any claim for damages arising from the construction, maintenance and operation of flood control projects and the regulation of floodplains.
4. Maintain and operate all works according to regulations prescribed by the cooperating entity.
5. Establish and enforce flood channel limits and floodplain regulations, if any, satisfactory to the cooperating entity.