The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Arizona adjusted gross income" of a resident individual means the individual's Arizona gross income subject to modifications specified in sections 43-1021 and 43-1022.
2. "Arizona gross income" of a resident individual means the individual's federal adjusted gross income for the taxable year, computed pursuant to the internal revenue code.
3. "Dependent" has the same meaning prescribed by section 152 of the internal revenue code.
4. "Federal adjusted gross income" of a resident individual means the individual's adjusted gross income computed pursuant to the internal revenue code.
5. "Head of household" has the same meaning prescribed by sections 2(b) and 2(c) of the internal revenue code. Head of household includes an individual who meets the qualifications of a surviving spouse under section 2(a) of the internal revenue code.
6. "Married person" means a married person on the last day of the taxable year subject to the rules in section 43-1002.
7. "Net income" means taxable income.
8. "Person" means an individual.
9. "Single person" means any person who is not married or who was legally separated on the last day of the person's taxable year.
10. "Spouse" means the wife or husband of the taxpayer.
11. "Taxable income" of a resident individual shall be Arizona adjusted gross income less the exemptions and deductions allowed in article 4 of this chapter.
12. "Taxpayer" means any person subject to a tax imposed by this chapter.