The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
42-12151 - Definition of agricultural real property
42-12151. Definition of agricultural real property
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires, "agricultural real property" means real property that is one or more of the following:
1. Cropland in the aggregate of at least twenty gross acres.
2. An aggregate ten or more gross acres of permanent crops.
3. Grazing land with a minimum carrying capacity of forty animal units and containing an economically feasible number of animal units.
4. Land and improvements devoted to commercial breeding, raising, boarding or training equine, as defined in section 3-1201 or equine rescue facilities registered with the department of agriculture pursuant to section 3-1350.
5. Land and improvements devoted to high density use for producing commodities.
6. Land and improvements devoted to use in processing cotton necessary for marketing.
7. Land and improvements devoted to use in processing wine grapes for marketing.
8. Land and improvements devoted to use in processing citrus for marketing.
9. Land and improvements devoted to use as fruit or vegetable commodity packing plants that do not cut or otherwise physically alter the produce.
10. Land and improvements owned by a dairy cooperative devoted to high density use in producing, transporting, receiving, processing, storing, marketing and selling milk and manufactured milk products without the presence of any animal units on the land.
11. Land of at least five acres and improvements devoted to algaculture. For the purposes of this paragraph "algaculture" means the controlled propagation, growth and harvest of algae.