A. The secretary of state shall electronically publish the register at least once each month and include the contents listed under subsection B of this section. The secretary of state shall publish the notices that are filed with the secretary of state during the preceding thirty days. The register shall include a table of contents and a cumulative index.
B. The register shall contain the following:
1. Notices of rulemaking docket openings, including the subject matter of the rules under consideration.
2. Notices of proposed rulemaking.
3. Notices of supplemental proposed rulemaking.
4. Notices of proposed exempt rulemaking for agencies that are exempt from the requirements of chapter 6 of this title but that are required to publish the notice in the register.
5. Notices of oral proceedings if the oral proceeding was not listed in the notice of rulemaking docket opening as provided in section 41-1021, subsection B, paragraph 5.
6. Notices of final exempt rulemaking for agencies that are exempt from the requirements of chapter 6 of this title. For the purposes of this paragraph, "final exempt rulemaking" means rulemaking in which an agency received public comment on the rulemaking regardless of whether the proposed rulemaking was published in the register or elsewhere by the agency as required in the exemption.
7. Notices of exempt rulemaking for agencies that have a onetime exemption from the requirements of chapter 6 of this title or that are exempt pursuant to section 41-1005. For the purposes of this paragraph, "exempt rulemaking" means a rulemaking in which an agency did not publish a notice of proposed rulemaking and the agency was not required to conduct a public hearing or receive public comments.
8. Proposed and final notices of expedited rulemaking and notices that an objection was received regarding a proposed expedited rulemaking.
9. Notices of an agency substantive policy statement. The notice of a substantive policy statement shall contain the name and summary of the policy statement and the website address where the full text of the document is available, if practicable.
10. Notices of intent to increase state museum fees pursuant to section 15-1631.
11. Notices of actions taken by the governor's regulatory review council.
12. Notices of an agency guidance document or revisions to a guidance document. This notice shall contain the name and a summary of the guidance document and information where a person may view the document in its entirety.
13. Notices of each agency ombudsman pursuant to section 41-1006.
14. Notices of public information that pertain to rulemaking notices.
15. Deadlines of the governor's regulatory review council.
C. All notices listed in subsection B of this section, except the notices under subsection B, paragraphs 1, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 of this section, must include a preamble and the full text of the rule being proposed, amended, renumbered or repealed.
D. The register shall be published electronically for free. The secretary of state shall establish a commercial-use fee pursuant to section 39-121.03. Any paper subscription in place at the end of fiscal year 2016-2017 shall be honored until the subscription expires.
E. For the purposes of this section, full text publication in the register includes new, amended, renumbered, repealed and existing language that an agency deems necessary for the proper understanding of a rule notice. Rules that are undergoing extensive revision may be reprinted in whole. Existing rule language that is not required for understanding shall be omitted and marked "no change".