The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Board" means the state board of dental examiners.
2. "Dental provider" means a dental hygienist, affiliated practice dental hygienist or dental assistant who is licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 11.
3. "Dentist" means a person who is licensed in the general practice of dentistry pursuant to title 32, chapter 11.
4. "Health care decision maker" has the same meaning prescribed in section 12-2801.
5. "Teledentistry" means the use of data transmitted through interactive audio, video or data communications for the purposes of examination, diagnosis, treatment planning, consultation and directing the delivery of treatment by dentists and dental providers in settings permissible under title 32, chapter 11 or specified in rules adopted by the board.