The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-2263 - Civil liability; limited immunity; Good Samaritan
36-2263. Civil liability; limited immunity; Good Samaritan
A. The following persons and entities are not subject to civil liability for any personal injury that results from any act or omission that does not amount to wilful misconduct or gross negligence:
1. A physician who provides oversight.
2. A person or entity that provides training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use of an automated external defibrillator.
3. A person or entity that acquires an automated external defibrillator pursuant to this article.
4. The owner of the property or facility where the automated external defibrillator is located.
5. A person or entity that provides the automated external defibrillator pursuant to this article.
6. A nonprofit entity that, in the placement of an automated external defibrillator pursuant to this article, acts as an intermediary between the provider of an automated external defibrillator and the person or entity that acquired the automated external defibrillator or the owner of the property or facility where the automated external defibrillator is located.
7. A Good Samaritan. For the purposes of this paragraph, "Good Samaritan" means a person who uses an automated external defibrillator to render emergency care or assistance in good faith and without compensation at the scene of any accident, fire or other life-threatening emergency.
8. A trained user.
B. The exception from civil liability provided in subsection A does not affect a manufacturer's product liability regarding the design, manufacturing or instructions for use and maintenance of an automated external defibrillator.