The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
36-144 - Home care services; disclosure; definition
36-144. Home care services; disclosure; definition
A. A business entity that provides home care services in this state shall annually disclose to each of its home care service clients at least all of the following information:
1. Whether criminal background checks have been performed on the employees or contractors who provide home care services and the entity's policy on sending employees or contractors who have a criminal history to a client's home.
2. The name and position of the person who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the employees and contractors, for the hiring and firing of employees and for the termination of contracts.
3. A description of any required training for employees or contractors who provide home care services and whether the training includes first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
4. A description of the home care services the entity provides and the cost of each service.
5. A description of the entity's home care services agreements and how an agreement may be terminated.
B. Subsection A of this section does not apply to:
1. A volunteer organization, person or family member who employs, recommends, refers or provides home care services for one or more persons and who does not receive compensation or monetary benefit for the volunteer organization's, person's or family member's services beyond a nominal benefit or value.
2. An organization or individual licensed pursuant to title 32 or 36 to provide home care services or related services.
3. An organization or individual who is contracted through this state to provide home care services or who is contracted with an organization to provide home care services on behalf of this state or the federal government.
C. For the purposes of this section, "home care services" means home care and support services including activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living.