The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Eligible depository" means any commercial or savings bank or savings and loan association with its principal place of business in the United States which is insured by the federal deposit insurance corporation or any successor, or any other insuring instrumentality of the United States, in accordance with the applicable law of the United States or credit union which is insured by the national credit union administration.
2. "Operating monies" means those treasury monies the interest from which is paid to the state general fund.
3. "Permanent endowment funds" means those funds or any part of a fund, established by law, to retain trust monies, not wholly expendable by the beneficiary on a current basis.
4. "Treasury monies" means all monies in the treasury of this state or coming lawfully into the possession or custody of the state treasurer.
5. "Trust monies" means treasury monies, other than operating monies, that are entrusted to the state treasurer for preservation and investment.