The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. On the complaint of any person or on the superintendent's own motion, the superintendent shall investigate any suspected violation of this article by a property tax agent. If the superintendent finds a violation, the superintendent may issue a letter of concern.
B. If the superintendent finds that the property tax agent committed any of the following violations, the superintendent shall revoke or suspend the agent's registration:
1. Secured registration by fraud or deceit.
2. Committed an act or is responsible for an omission involving fraud or knowing misrepresentation with the intent to obtain a benefit.
3. Knowingly violated section 32-3653.
C. The superintendent shall:
1. Suspend the agent's registration for not less than six months on the first finding of a violation pursuant to subsection B of this section.
2. Suspend the agent's registration for not less than twelve months on the second finding of a violation pursuant to subsection B of this section.
3. Revoke the agent's registration on a third or subsequent finding of a violation pursuant to subsection B of this section.
D. The superintendent shall not impose discipline until the agent has been provided an opportunity for a hearing pursuant to title 41, chapter 6, article 10. The superintendent shall notify the agent of the charges and the date and time of the hearing. The notice may be personally served or sent by certified mail to the agent's last known address. Except as provided in section 41-1092.08, subsection H, the final decision of the superintendent is subject to judicial review pursuant to title 12, chapter 7, article 6.
E. The superintendent shall not renew an agent's registration during the time the registration is suspended or revoked.