The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. On the complaint of any person or on the deputy director's own motion, the deputy director shall investigate any suspected violation of this article by a property tax agent. If the deputy director finds a violation, the deputy director may issue a letter of concern.
B. If the deputy director finds that the property tax agent committed any of the following violations, the deputy director shall revoke or suspend the agent's registration:
1. Secured registration by fraud or deceit.
2. Committed an act or is responsible for an omission involving fraud or knowing misrepresentation with the intent to obtain a benefit.
3. Knowingly violated section 32-3653.
C. The deputy director shall:
1. Suspend the agent's registration for not less than six months on the first finding of a violation pursuant to subsection B of this section.
2. Suspend the agent's registration for not less than twelve months on the second finding of a violation pursuant to subsection B of this section.
3. Revoke the agent's registration on a third or subsequent finding of a violation pursuant to subsection B of this section.
D. The deputy director shall not impose discipline until the agent has been provided an opportunity for a hearing pursuant to title 41, chapter 6, article 10. The deputy director shall notify the agent of the charges and the date and time of the hearing. The notice may be personally served or sent by certified mail to the agent's last known address. Except as provided in section 41-1092.08, subsection H, the final decision of the deputy director is subject to judicial review pursuant to title 12, chapter 7, article 6.
E. The deputy director shall not renew an agent's registration during the time the registration is suspended or revoked.