The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-3607. Fees; use of credit cards; appraisal subcommittee fund
A. The superintendent shall charge and collect fees that are sufficient to fund the activities necessary to carry out this chapter. These include:
1. An application fee for licensure or certification of not more than four hundred dollars.
2. An application fee for a resident temporary license or certificate of not more than four hundred dollars.
3. An examination fee in an amount to be determined by the superintendent.
4. A fee for renewal of a license, certificate or resident temporary license or certificate of not more than four hundred twenty-five dollars.
5. A delinquent renewal fee in addition to the renewal fee of not more than twenty-five dollars.
6. A two-year national registry fee of not to exceed the actual cost of twice the current annual national registry fee for a state-licensed or state-certified appraiser.
7. A one-year national registry fee not to exceed the actual cost of the current annual national registry fee for appraisal management companies.
8. A nonresident temporary licensure or certification fee of not more than one hundred fifty dollars.
9. A course approval fee of not more than five hundred dollars.
10. An application fee to be a registered trainee appraiser in an amount to be determined by the superintendent.
B. If the appraisal subcommittee raises the national registry fee during the second year of a biennial license or certificate, state-licensed and state-certified appraisers shall pay the additional national registry fee on demand by the superintendent. Failure to pay the additional fee within thirty days of notice by the superintendent subjects the license or certificate holder to a penalty of twice the amount owed but not to exceed twenty dollars. The superintendent shall not renew a license or certificate until all outstanding obligations of the license or certificate holder are paid.
C. Pursuant to section 35-142, subsection J, the superintendent may accept a credit card or debit card for the payment of fees established by this section. The superintendent may impose a convenience fee for payment made pursuant to this subsection in an amount to be determined by the superintendent.
D. The appraisal subcommittee fund is established consisting of national registry fee monies collected pursuant to this section. The department shall administer the fund. The department shall use the monies to promptly remit the national registry fees to the appraisal subcommittee for state-licensed appraisers, state-certified appraisers, registered appraisal management companies or appraisal management companies that operate as a subsidiary of a federally regulated financial institution.