The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-3602. Applicability of chapter
This chapter does not apply to:
1. A real estate broker or salesperson who is licensed in this state and who, when acting as such, gives an opinion as to the price of real estate if this opinion is not referred to as an appraisal.
2. A natural person, a corporation through its officers or a partnership through its partners that gives an opinion of value of that person's or its own property and does not receive special compensation for the transaction if this opinion is not referred to as an appraisal.
3. An attorney in the performance of that person's duties as an attorney.
4. A mortgage banker, mortgage broker or commercial mortgage banker who is licensed in this state and who, when acting as such, prepares a report analyzing real property if the report is not made for the primary purpose of establishing the sale or market value of the property.
5. An individual who is otherwise subject to licensing or certification by law and whose duties require appraisal of real property for purposes of tax assessment.
6. An engineer or architect registered in this state or a contractor or insurance producer licensed in this state who, when acting as such, prepares a report analyzing real property if the report utilizes the specialized knowledge of the registered engineer or architect or the licensed contractor or insurance producer.
7. A property tax agent who is registered in this state and who, when acting as such, prepares a report analyzing real estate if the report is made for purposes of tax assessment or tax valuation of the real estate.
8. An individual appraising real property only for the purpose of providing an opinion in a judicial proceeding or an individual providing an opinion in a judicial proceeding. An individual providing an opinion under the exemption of this paragraph shall not represent or imply in any report or testimony that the individual testifying is licensed or certified under this chapter.
9. A person who produces a statement that is provided to any other person concerning the estimated value of real property through an internet website, automated valuation or other software program or other means of comparative market analysis and who discloses that the estimate is not an appraisal.