The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1639.01 - Qualifications of international graduate practical nurses; application for license; examination
32-1639.01. Qualifications of international graduate practical nurses; application for license; examination
A. An applicant for a license to practice as a practical nurse who is a graduate of an international nursing program, who is not licensed in another state or territory of the United States and who does not meet the requirements of section 32-1638, subsection A must satisfy the following requirements:
1. Submit a report from a credential evaluation agency approved by the board that provides information that the applicant's nursing program is equivalent to an approved practical or registered nursing program, or if the applicant graduated from a Canadian nursing program, submit a passing score on the English language version of the Canadian nurses association testing service examination or an equivalent Canadian nurse licensure examination as determined by the board.
2. Meets English language proficiency requirements prescribed by the board by rule.
3. Submit a report from an agency recognized by the board verifying that any license held in an international jurisdiction is in good standing and is of equivalent status to a license issued in the United States.
4. Pass an examination as prescribed in section 32-1638.
5. Submit a verified statement that indicates if the applicant has been convicted of a felony and, if convicted of one or more felonies, that indicates the date of absolute discharge from the sentences for all felony convictions.
B. The board shall issue a license to practice as a practical nurse to an applicant who does not meet the requirements of section 32-1637, paragraph 1, relating to graduation from a board approved program, if the applicant otherwise meets the requirements of subsection A of this section and the other requirements established pursuant to this chapter.
C. On review of credible evidence, the board may require retesting of an applicant if the board believes that the security of an international licensure examination has been compromised and that the credibility of the examination results is in question.