The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1391.16. Annual trust report
A. On or before May 1, each funeral establishment holding a prearranged funeral sales endorsement shall file an annual report with the board concerning its prearranged funeral sales and trust account activities during the preceding calendar year.
B. The funeral establishment shall pay the annual report fee prescribed in section 32-1309 when the annual report is filed.
C. The annual report shall contain the following information sworn to by the owner or owners of the funeral establishment:
1. The names and addresses of persons who were sold prearranged funerals funded by trust by the funeral establishment during the preceding calendar year, the names of the persons who are to be the beneficiaries of the prearranged funerals and the name of the registered salesperson selling each prearranged funeral.
2. The total contract amount for each purchaser listed in paragraph 1, the total monies previously paid on each contract and the monies paid by and refunded to the purchaser on each contract during the preceding calendar year.
3. The total trust funds contained in the funeral establishment's prearranged funeral trust accounts as of the end of the preceding calendar year and the total funds received in the trust accounts during that year.
4. The total monies, if any, received from purchasers but not deposited in the trust accounts as of the end of the preceding calendar year, excluding initial service fees received by the funeral establishment.
5. The names, registration numbers and addresses of all salespersons employed or otherwise engaged by the funeral establishment during the preceding calendar year and the names and registration numbers of all salespersons terminated during that year.
6. The names and addresses of the financial institutions where the trust funds are on deposit and the account number of each account.
7. A statement of the owner of the funeral establishment that the establishment has complied with this article and rules adopted pursuant to this article.
8. Other information required by the board.
D. Each funeral establishment that does not offer or sell prearranged funerals funded by trust or hold a prearranged funeral sales endorsement shall file with the board the annual report described in subsection C of this section concerning all prearranged funeral trust accounts established before January 1, 1985 and in existence during the preceding calendar year on or before May 1. For the purposes of this subsection, "prearranged funeral trust account" includes all prearranged funeral trust accounts or funds established pursuant to laws in existence before January 1, 1985.
E. The board shall provide the department of financial institutions with a copy of each annual report filed pursuant to this section.