The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1324 - Intern trainee; requirements; temporary employment by funeral establishment
32-1324. Intern trainee; requirements; temporary employment by funeral establishment
A. A funeral establishment may employ for a period of not more than a total of one year an intern trainee who is enrolled or intends to enroll in a college of mortuary science as a student.
B. An intern trainee who has completed at least sixteen hours of training in a board-approved course of study that includes training in embalming procedures, ethics of funeral service, applicable board rules, health and safety procedures and universal health and safety precautions may do the following:
1. Assist in the preparation of human remains.
2. Assist with an embalming at the funeral establishment if the intern trainee is under the direct personal supervision of an embalmer at all times.
3. Except as otherwise provided in this section, perform all other functions of a licensed intern under the supervision of an embalmer or a funeral director.
C. An intern trainee shall be of good moral character and is not required to be registered or licensed by the board.
D. A funeral establishment that employs an intern trainee shall submit all of the following to the board:
1. The name and address of the intern trainee and other information that the board requires.
2. A completed fingerprint card and the prescribed fingerprint background check fee for any person employed as an intern trainee.
E. The funeral establishment shall report to the board the termination of employment of the intern trainee.