The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Cancellation" means termination of a policy at a date other than its expiration date.
2. "Expiration date" means the date on which coverage under a policy ends as set forth in the policy. For a policy written for a term longer than one year or with no fixed expiration date, each annual anniversary date of the policy is the expiration date.
3. "Nonpayment of premium" means the failure or inability of the named insured to discharge any obligation in connection with the payment of premiums on a policy of insurance subject to this article, whether the payments are payable directly to the insurer or its agent or payable through a premium finance plan or extension of credit.
4. "Nonrenewal" means termination of a policy at its expiration date.
5. "Renewal" or "to renew" means the issuance of or the offer to issue by an insurer a policy succeeding a policy previously issued and delivered by the same insurer or an insurer within the same group of insurers or the issuance of a certificate or notice extending the term of an existing policy for a specified period beyond its expiration date.