The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. The board is a body corporate and politic and may have an official seal that is judicially noticed.
B. The board may:
1. Sue and be sued in its own name.
2. Contract and enter into agreements as necessary to carry out its responsibilities under this article.
3. Contract with experts, advisers, consultants and agents, including financial experts, legal counsel and other advisers and consultants as may be necessary for services to assist the board.
4. Make and execute contracts and other instruments necessary or convenient for the performance of its duties and the exercise of its power and functions.
5. Pursuant to section 15-2155, approve financing for an achievement district school as guaranteed financing under the program.
6. Do all acts, whether or not expressly authorized, that may be deemed necessary or proper for the protection of the monies in the Arizona public school credit enhancement fund, except that the board may not take any action that would create a general or moral obligation of this state or any agency of the state.
7. Contract with any entity relating to guaranteed financings.
8. Issue program funding obligations pursuant to section 15-2157.
9. Adopt rules governing the operation of the program.
10. Take any other action that is necessary or appropriate to carry out this article.
C. The school facilities board shall provide staff as requested by the board to support the activities of the credit enhancement eligibility board.