The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. The credit enhancement eligibility board established by section 15-2152 shall establish an application process, application forms and selection criteria for a public school or charter school to qualify as an achievement district school for the purposes of article 11 of this chapter.
B. A public school or charter school that meets all of the following criteria is eligible to qualify as an achievement district school:
1. Has been assigned a letter grade of A, or an equivalent successor classification, pursuant to section 15-241.
2. Has proven instructional strategies and curricula that demonstrate high academic outcomes.
3. Has a verifiable enrollment demand, including the placement of prospective pupils on a waiting list.
4. Has a sound financial plan that contemplates operational costs and future enrollment growth.
5. Has shown a commitment to provide technical assistance, including business services, curriculum development and teacher training, to an underperforming school in the state.
6. Meets any other criteria established by the credit enhancement eligibility board.
C. The credit enhancement eligibility board shall meet regularly to evaluate achievement district school applications and shall either approve or deny each application submitted. The board shall report its decision on each application to the public school or charter school within ten business days after the board's decision.
D. If a school's application is approved pursuant to this section, the school qualifies as an achievement district school and is eligible to apply for participation in the Arizona public school credit enhancement program established by section 15-2155.