The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Commission" means the commission for postsecondary education.
2. "Low-income school" means a public school in this state at which sixty percent or more of the students are eligible for free or reduced price lunches under the national school lunch and child nutrition acts (42 United States Code sections 1751 through 1785).
3. "Qualified applicant" or "qualified student" means an Arizona resident who is a citizen or legal resident of the United States or who is otherwise lawfully present in the United States, who attends a qualifying postsecondary institution and, if attending a university under the jurisdiction of the Arizona board of regents, who qualifies for in-state tuition pursuant to section 15-1802.
4. "Qualifying postsecondary institution" means a regionally or nationally accredited public or private postsecondary educational institution in this state.
5. "Rural school" means a public school in this state that is located in a county with a population of less than three hundred thousand persons.