The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. Each pupil's immunizations shall be recorded on the school immunization record. The school immunization record shall be a standardized form developed by the department of health services in conjunction with the department of education and provided by the department of health services and shall be a part of the mandatory permanent student record. The records are open to inspection by the department of health services and the local health department.
B. Each immunization record shall contain at least the following information:
1. The pupil's name and birth date.
2. The date of the pupil's admission to the school.
3. The type of immunizing agents administered to the pupil.
4. The date each dose of immunizing agent is administered to the pupil.
5. The established schedule for completion of immunizations if the pupil is admitted to or allowed to continue to attend a school pursuant to section 15-872, subsection E.
6. Laboratory evidence of immunity if this evidence is presented as part of a pupil's documentary proof.
7. If an exemption from immunization as provided in section 15-873 is submitted to the school administrator, the date the exemption is submitted and the reason for the exemption.
8. Additional information prescribed by the director of the department of health services by rule.
C. A school shall transfer an immunization record with the mandatory permanent student record and provide at no charge, on request, a copy of the immunization record to the parent or guardian of the pupil.
D. By November 30 of each school year, each school district and private school shall complete and file a report with the local health department and the department of health services, using forms provided by the department of health services. The report shall state the number of pupils attending who have completed required immunizations or who have submitted laboratory evidence of immunity, the number of pupils attending with uncompleted required immunizations and the number of pupils attending with an exemption from immunization pursuant to section 15-873.