The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Documentary proof" means written evidence that a pupil has been immunized or has laboratory evidence of immunity that conforms with the standards promulgated pursuant to section 15-872.
2. "Dose" means the number in a series of immunizations that may be prescribed pursuant to section 36-672.
3. "Health agency" means a local health department or similar governmental agency established pursuant to the laws of another state or country and its officers and employees.
4. "Homeless pupil" means a pupil who has a primary residence that is:
(a) A supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations.
(b) An institution that provides a temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized.
(c) A public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for, human beings.
5. "Immunization" means the process of inoculation with a specific antigen to promote antibody formation in the body.
6. "Immunized" means the required initial immunization and boosters or reimmunization prescribed pursuant to section 36-672.
7. "Laboratory evidence of immunity" means written evidence of serologic confirmation of the presence of specific antibodies against an immunization-preventable disease that is signed by a physician or an authorized representative of a health agency.
8. "Local health department" means a local health department established pursuant to title 36, chapter 1, article 4.
9. "Physician" means a person licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13, 17 or 29 or a person licensed to practice allopathic or osteopathic medicine under the laws of another state or country.
10. "Pupil" means a person who is eligible to receive instruction at a school and includes pre-kindergarten age children receiving either services for children with disabilities or day care on a school campus otherwise exempt from day care rules pursuant to section 36-884.
11. "Registered nurse practitioner" has the same meaning prescribed in section 32-1601.
12. "School" means a public, private or parochial school that offers instruction at any level or grade through twelfth grade, except for day care facilities regulated pursuant to title 36, chapter 7.1.
13. "School administrator" means the principal or person having general daily control and supervision of the school or that person's designee.
14. "Suspension" or "suspended" means:
(a) For a pupil attending a public school, the temporary withdrawal of the privilege of attending school pursuant to section 15-843.
(b) For a pupil attending a private or parochial school, the temporary withdrawal of the privilege of attending school pursuant to the policies and procedures of the private or parochial school.