The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. The governing board of each school district shall develop and adopt a policy to provide pupils and employees with at least forty-eight hours' notice before pesticides are applied on school property. The policy shall include at least the following:
1. Procedures for oral notification to pupils and employees during the regular school session.
2. Procedures for written, electronic or telephonic notification to parents or guardians at least forty-eight hours prior to the application of pesticides.
B. For purposes of this section, pesticides do not include:
1. Nonrestricted use disinfectants, sanitizers or deodorizers regulated by the federal insecticide, fungicide and rodenticide act but include other pesticides regulated under the federal insecticide, fungicide and rodenticide act (P.L. 100-532; 102 Stat. 2654; 7 United States Code section 136).
2. Nonresidual pesticide applications performed or contracted by public health agencies for vector control.
3. Emergency applications of a pesticide that has a toxicity category of III or IV pursuant to 40 Code of Federal Regulations section 156.62 to control harmful pests that pose an imminent threat to the public health.