The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Employee" means a person who conducts lawful or unlawful business for another person under a master-servant relationship or as an independent contractor and who is compensated by wages, commissions, tips or other valuable consideration.
2. "House of prostitution" means any building, structure or place that is used for the purpose of prostitution or lewdness or where acts of prostitution occur.
3. "Operate and maintain" means to organize, design, perpetuate or control. Operate and maintain includes providing financial support by paying utilities, rent, maintenance costs or advertising costs, supervising activities or work schedules, and directing or furthering the aims of the enterprise.
4. "Oral sexual contact" means oral contact with the penis, vulva or anus.
5. "Prostitution" means engaging in or agreeing or offering to engage in sexual conduct under a fee arrangement with any person for money or any other valuable consideration.
6. "Prostitution enterprise" means any corporation, partnership, association or other legal entity or any group of individuals associated in fact although not a legal entity engaged in providing prostitution services.
7. "Sadomasochistic abuse" means flagellation or torture by or on a person who is nude or clad in undergarments or in revealing or bizarre costume or the condition of being fettered, bound or otherwise physically restrained on the part of one so clothed.
8. "Sexual conduct" means sexual contact, sexual intercourse, oral sexual contact or sadomasochistic abuse.
9. "Sexual contact" means any direct or indirect fondling or manipulating of any part of the genitals, anus or female breast.
10. "Sexual intercourse" means penetration into the penis, vulva or anus by any part of the body or by any object.