The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. A person commits loitering if such person intentionally:
1. Is present in a public place and in an offensive manner or in a manner likely to disturb the public peace solicits another person to engage in any sexual offense.
2. Is present in a transportation facility and after a reasonable request to cease or unless specifically authorized to do so solicits or engages in any business, trade or commercial transactions involving the sale of merchandise or services.
3. Is present in a public place, unless specifically authorized by law, to gamble with any cards, dice or other similar gambling devices.
4. Is present in or about a school, college or university building or grounds after a reasonable request to leave and either does not have any reason or relationship involving custody of or responsibility for a pupil or student or any other specific legitimate reason for being there or does not have written permission to be there from anyone authorized to grant permission.
5. Except as provided in section 13-3969, subsection A, solicits bail bond business inside a court building or immediately around or near the entrance of a county or city jail. For the purposes of this paragraph, "solicit" includes handing out business cards or any printed material or displaying any electronic devices related to bail bonds, verbally asking a person if the person needs a bail bond and recruiting another person to solicit bail bond business.
B. Loitering under subsection A, paragraph 4 is a class 1 misdemeanor. Loitering under subsection A, paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 5 is a class 3 misdemeanor.