The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
13-2308 - Participating in or assisting a criminal syndicate; classification
13-2308. Participating in or assisting a criminal syndicate; classification
A. A person commits participating in a criminal syndicate by:
1. Intentionally organizing, managing, directing, supervising or financing a criminal syndicate with the intent to promote or further the criminal objectives of the syndicate; or
2. Knowingly inciting or inducing others to engage in violence or intimidation to promote or further the criminal objectives of a criminal syndicate; or
3. Furnishing advice or direction in the conduct, financing or management of a criminal syndicate's affairs with the intent to promote or further the criminal objectives of a criminal syndicate; or
4. Intentionally promoting or furthering the criminal objectives of a criminal syndicate by inducing or committing any act or omission by a public servant in violation of his official duty; or
5. Hiring, engaging or using a minor for any conduct preparatory to or in completion of any offense in this section.
B. A person shall not be convicted pursuant to subsection A of this section on the basis of accountability as an accomplice unless he participates in violating this section in one of the ways specified.
C. A person commits assisting a criminal syndicate by committing any felony offense, whether completed or preparatory, with the intent to promote or further the criminal objectives of a criminal syndicate.
D. Except as provided in subsection E or F of this section, participating in a criminal syndicate is a class 2 felony.
E. A violation of subsection A, paragraph 5 of this section is a class 2 felony and the person convicted is not eligible for probation, pardon, suspension of sentence or release on any basis until the person has served the sentence imposed by the court or the sentence is commuted.
F. Assisting a criminal syndicate is a class 4 felony.
G. Use of a common name or common identifying sign or symbol shall be admissible and may be considered in proving the combination of persons or enterprises required by this section.