The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
11-807 - Specific zoning plans; adoption; administration; contents
11-807. Specific zoning plans; adoption; administration; contents
A. The board or commission of a county with a population of less than two million persons may prepare specific zoning plans for designated parcels of land, which shall include a text and maps of a land use plan and specific zoning, sign, street and other regulations for implementation of the county master plans. All property owners within the boundaries of the specific zoning plan shall give written consent before the plan may be established. A specific zoning plan shall not be adopted if it creates an area that is not within the plan but is completely surrounded by the plan boundaries.
B. A specific zoning plan may be adopted or amended after notice and hearings before the commission and board as provided in section 11-813. If the board adopts a specific zoning plan, it shall establish administrative rules and procedures for the application and enforcement of the plan and may assign or delegate administrative functions, powers and duties for the plan to county officers and officials.
C. A specific zoning plan shall include text, maps and illustrations specifying all of the following:
1. The distribution, location and extent of land uses, including open space.
2. The distribution, location, extent and intensity of major components of public and private transportation, sewage and solid waste disposal, drainage and other facilities necessary to provide for the land uses described in the specific zoning plan.
3. Standards by which development shall proceed and, if applicable, requirements for conservation, development and utilization of natural resources.
4. A statement of whether the specific zoning plan is consistent with the comprehensive plan required by section 11-804.
5. Any other matters necessary or desirable for implementation of the specific zoning plan.
D. All specific zoning plans adopted under this article shall be consistent with and conform to the adopted comprehensive plan.