The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
41-1092.03. Notice of appealable agency action or contested case; hearing; informal settlement conference; applicability
A. Except as provided in subsection D of this section, an agency shall serve notice of an appealable agency action or contested case pursuant to section 41-1092.04. The notice shall:
1. Identify the statute or rule that is alleged to have been violated or on which the action is based.
2. Identify with reasonable particularity the nature of any alleged violation, including, if applicable, the conduct or activity constituting the violation.
3. Include a description of the party's right to request a hearing on the appealable agency action or contested case.
4. Include a description of the party's right to request an informal settlement conference pursuant to section 41-1092.06.
B. A party may obtain a hearing on an appealable agency action or contested case by filing a notice of appeal or request for a hearing with the agency within thirty days after receiving the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section. The notice of appeal or request for a hearing may be filed by a party whose legal rights, duties or privileges were determined by the appealable agency action or contested case. A notice of appeal or request for a hearing also may be filed by a party who will be adversely affected by the appealable agency action or contested case and who exercised any right provided by law to comment on the action being appealed or contested, provided that the grounds for the notice of appeal or request for a hearing are limited to issues raised in that party's comments. The notice of appeal or request for a hearing shall identify the party, the party's address, the agency and the action being appealed or contested and shall contain at least the following:
1. A concise statement of the reasons for the appeal or request for a hearing.
2. Detailed and complete information regarding all questions of law, if applicable, that are the basis for the appeal.
3. All relevant supporting documentation.
4. How the party is an adversely affected party, if applicable.
C. The agency shall notify the office of the appeal or request for a hearing and the office shall schedule an appeal or contested case hearing pursuant to section 41-1092.05, except as provided in section 41-1092.01, subsection F.
D. If good cause is shown an agency head may accept an appeal or request for a hearing that is not filed in a timely manner.
E. This section does not apply to a contested case if the agency:
1. Initiates the contested case hearing pursuant to law other than this chapter and not in response to a request by another party.
2. Is not required by law, other than this chapter, to provide an opportunity for an administrative hearing before taking action that determines the legal rights, duties or privileges of an applicant for a license.