The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2024.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-926 - Practice of chiropractic without license prohibited; exemptions
32-926. Practice of chiropractic without license prohibited; exemptions
A. It is unlawful for a person to:
1. Practice chiropractic in this state without having first obtained a license as provided in this chapter.
2. Work as a chiropractic assistant except under the supervision of a doctor of chiropractic and pursuant to this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
3. Use the abbreviation "C.A." or the term "chiropractic assistant" unless the person is working under the supervision of a doctor of chiropractic pursuant to this chapter and rules adopted by the board.
4. Practice chiropractic in this state after the board places the person on inactive status pursuant to section 32-933.
B. This chapter does not prevent:
1. A person who is licensed by another state, territory or district from meeting within this state in consultation with a person licensed pursuant to this chapter if that person does not open an office or appoint a place of meeting to receive patients in this state.
2. Any person from acting at the direction and under the supervision of a doctor of chiropractic licensed pursuant to this chapter if that person is acting in an assistant or technical capacity, is not in violation of this chapter and does not claim to be licensed to practice chiropractic.
3. Any chiropractic student from participating in a preceptorship training program approved by the board.