The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
41-1365 - State monument and memorial repair fund; purpose; report; exemption
41-1365. State monument and memorial repair fund; purpose; report; exemption
A. The state monument and memorial repair fund is established consisting of:
2. Monies from fund-raising activities.
3. Monies that are collected by the proponents of a monument or memorial and that are deposited pursuant to section 41-1363.
4. Grants received for monuments or memorials, except for otherwise specifically dedicated grants.
5. Legislative appropriations.
B. The department of administration shall administer the fund. All monies in the fund are subject to legislative appropriation. Subject to this section, the department shall use monies appropriated from the fund for the maintenance, repair, reconditioning or relocation of monuments or memorials and for supporting mechanical equipment in the governmental mall.
C. The department shall separately account for monies to a specific monument or memorial that is dedicated to this state for maintenance, repair, reconditioning or relocation of that monument or memorial as follows:
1. Monies that are donated for the benefit of the specific monument or memorial.
2. Monies that are derived from fund-raising activities and that are collected for the benefit of a specific monument or memorial.
3. Monies that are collected and deposited pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 3 of this section.
D. On or before November 1 of each year, the department of administration shall submit to the joint legislative budget committee a report that accounts for all monies deposited in the fund. The report shall include the sources of the monies received for deposit, by category, and the purposes for which the monies were used during the preceding fiscal year.
E. The department of administration shall hold the monies in the fund in trust for the citizens of this state until spent on an authorized monument or memorial, and monies in the fund shall not be spent or appropriated for any other purpose.
F. Monies in the fund are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190 relating to lapsing of appropriations.