A. An agency shall maintain an official rule making record for each rule it proposes by publication in the register of a notice of proposed rule making and each final rule filed in the office of the secretary of state. The record and matter incorporated by reference must be available for public inspection.
B. The agency rule making record shall contain all of the following:
1. A copy of the notice initially filed in the office of the secretary of state.
2. Copies of all publications in the register with respect to the rule or the proceeding on which the rule is based.
3. Copies of any portions of the agency's rule making docket containing entries relating to the rule or the proceeding on which the rule is based.
4. All written petitions, requests, submissions and comments received by the agency and all other written materials considered or prepared by the agency in connection with the rule or the proceeding on which the rule is based.
5. Any official transcript of oral presentations made in the proceeding on which the rule is based, or if not transcribed, any tape recording or stenographic record of those presentations, and any memorandum prepared by a presiding official summarizing the contents of those presentations.
6. A copy of all materials submitted to the council, including the economic, small business and consumer impact statement and the minutes of the council meeting at which the rule was reviewed.
7. A copy of the final rule and preamble.
8. Information requested regarding the experience, technical competence, specialized knowledge and judgment of an agency if the agency relies on section 41-1024, subsection D in the making of a rule and a request is made.
C. On judicial review, the record required by this section constitutes the official agency rule making record with respect to a rule. Except as provided in section 41-1036 or otherwise required by a provision of law, the agency rule making record need not constitute the exclusive basis for agency action on that rule or for judicial review of that rule.