32-2063. Powers and duties
A. The board shall:
1. Administer and enforce this chapter and board rules.
2. Regulate disciplinary actions, the granting, denial, revocation, renewal and suspension of licenses and the rehabilitation of licensees pursuant to this chapter and board rules.
3. Prescribe the forms, content and manner of application for licensure and renewal of licensure and set deadlines for the receipt of materials required by the board.
4. Keep a record of all licensees, board actions taken on all applicants and licensees and the receipt and disbursal of monies.
5. Adopt an official seal for attestation of licenses and other official papers and documents.
6. Investigate charges of violations of this chapter and board rules and orders.
7. Subject to title 41, chapter 4, article 4, employ an executive director who serves at the pleasure of the board.
8. Annually elect from among its membership a chairman, a vice-chairman and a secretary, who serve at the pleasure of the board.
9. Adopt rules pursuant to title 41, chapter 6 to carry out this chapter and to define unprofessional conduct.
10. Engage in a full exchange of information with other regulatory boards and psychological associations, national psychology organizations and the Arizona psychological association and its components.
11. By rule, adopt a code of ethics relating to the practice of psychology. The board shall base this code on the code of ethics adopted and published by the American psychological association. The board shall apply the code to all board enforcement policies and disciplinary case evaluations and development of licensing examinations.
12. Adopt rules regarding the use of telepractice on or before June 30, 2016.
13. Before the board takes action, receive and consider recommendations from the committee on behavior analysts on all matters relating to the licensing and regulation of behavior analysts, as well as regulatory changes pertaining to the practice of behavior analysis, except in the case of a summary suspension of a license pursuant to section 32-2091.09, subsection E.
B. Subject to title 41, chapter 4, article 4, the board may employ personnel it deems necessary to carry out this chapter. The board, in investigating violations of this chapter, may employ investigators who may be psychologists. The board or its executive director may take and hear evidence, administer oaths and affirmations and compel by subpoena the attendance of witnesses and the production of books, papers, records, documents and other information relating to the investigation or hearing.
C. Subject to section 35-149, the board may accept, expend and account for gifts, grants, devises and other contributions, money or property from any public or private source, including the federal government. The board shall deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, monies received pursuant to this subsection in special funds for the purpose specified, and monies in these funds are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190 relating to lapsing of appropriations.
D. Compensation for all personnel shall be determined pursuant to section 38-611.