The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1295 - Board of dental examiners; additional powers and duties
32-1295. Board of dental examiners; additional powers and duties
A. In addition to other powers and duties prescribed by this chapter, the board shall:
1. As far as applicable, exercise the same powers and duties in administering and enforcing this article as it exercises under section 32-1207 in administering and enforcing other articles of this chapter.
2. Determine the eligibility of applicants for certification and issue certificates to applicants who it determines are qualified for certification.
3. Investigate charges of misconduct on the part of certified denturists.
4. Issue decrees of censure, fix periods and terms of probation, suspend or revoke certificates as the facts may warrant and reinstate certificates in proper cases.
B. The board may:
1. Adopt rules prescribing requirements for continuing education for renewal of all certificates issued pursuant to this article.
2. Hire consultants to assist the board in the performance of its duties.
C. In all matters relating to discipline and certifying of denturists and the approval of examinations, the board, by rule, shall provide for receiving the assistance and advice of denturists who have been previously certified pursuant to this chapter.