14. Superior court; original jurisdiction
Section 14. The superior court shall have original jurisdiction
1. Cases and proceedings in which exclusive jurisdiction is not vested
by law in another court.
2. Cases of equity and at law which involve the title to or possession
of real property, or the legality of any tax, impost, assessment, toll or
3. Other cases in which the demand or value of property in controversy
amounts to one thousand dollars or more, exclusive of interest and costs.
4. Criminal cases amounting to felony, and cases of misdemeanor not
otherwise provided for by law.
5. Actions of forcible entry and detainer.
6. Proceedings in insolvency.
7. Actions to prevent or abate nuisance.
8. Matters of probate.
9. Divorce and for annulment of marriage.
10. Naturalization and the issuance of papers therefor.
11. Special cases and proceedings not otherwise provided for, and such
other jurisdiction as may be provided by law.