The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
41-1758.01. Fingerprinting division; powers and duties
A. The fingerprinting division is established in the department of public safety and shall:
1. Conduct fingerprint background checks for persons and applicants who are seeking licenses from state agencies, employment with licensees, contract providers and state agencies or employment or educational opportunities with agencies that require fingerprint background checks pursuant to sections 3-314, 8-105, 8-322, 8-463, 8-509, 8-802, 15-183, 15-503, 15-512, 15-534, 15-763.01, 15-782.02, 15-1330, 15-1881, 17-215, 28-3228, 28-3413, 32-122.02, 32-122.05, 32-122.06, 32-823, 32-1232, 32-1276.01, 32-1284, 32-1297.01, 32-1904, 32-1941, 32-1982, 32-2022, 32-2063, 32-2108.01, 32-2123, 32-2371, 32-3430, 32-3620, 32-3668, 32-3669, 32-4128, 36-113, 36-207, 36-411, 36-425.03, 36-446.04, 36-594.01, 36-594.02, 36-766.01, 36-882, 36-883.02, 36-897.01, 36-897.03, 36-3008, 41-619.52, 41-619.53, 41-1964, 41-1967.01, 41-1968, 41-1969 and 41-2814, section 46-141, subsection A or B and section 46-321.
2. Issue fingerprint clearance cards. On issuance, a fingerprint clearance card becomes the personal property of the cardholder and the cardholder shall retain possession of the fingerprint clearance card.
3. On submission of an application for a fingerprint clearance card, collect the fees established by the board of fingerprinting pursuant to section 41-619.53 and deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, the monies collected in the board of fingerprinting fund.
4. Inform in writing each person who submits fingerprints for a fingerprint background check of the right to petition the board of fingerprinting for a good cause exception pursuant to section 41-1758.03, 41-1758.04 or 41-1758.07.
5. If after conducting a state and federal criminal history records check the division determines that it is not authorized to issue a fingerprint clearance card to a person, inform the person in writing that the division is not authorized to issue a fingerprint clearance card. The notice shall include the criminal history information on which the denial was based. This criminal history information is subject to dissemination restrictions pursuant to section 41-1750 and Public Law 92-544.
6. Notify the person in writing if the division suspends, revokes or places a driving restriction notation on a fingerprint clearance card pursuant to section 41-1758.04. The notice shall include the criminal history information on which the suspension, revocation or placement of the driving restriction notation was based. This criminal history information is subject to dissemination restrictions pursuant to section 41-1750 and Public Law 92-544.
7. Administer and enforce this article.
B. The fingerprinting division may contract for electronic or internet-based fingerprinting services through an entity or entities for the acquisition and transmission of applicant fingerprint and data submissions to the department, including identity verified fingerprints pursuant to section 15-106. The entity or entities contracted by the department of public safety may charge the applicant a fee for services provided pursuant to this article. The entity or entities contracted by the department of public safety shall comply with:
1. All information privacy and security measures and submission standards established by the department of public safety.
2. The information technology security policy approved by the department of public safety.