The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. To be eligible for a license to practice naturopathic medicine pursuant to this chapter, the applicant shall:
1. Be a graduate of an approved school of naturopathic medicine.
2. Have satisfactorily completed an approved internship, preceptorship or clinical training program in naturopathic medicine.
3. Possess a good moral and professional reputation.
4. Be physically and mentally fit to practice as a doctor of naturopathic medicine.
5. Not be guilty of any act of unprofessional conduct or any other conduct that would be grounds for refusal, suspension or revocation of a license under this chapter.
6. Not have had a license to practice any profession refused, revoked or suspended by any other state, district or territory of the United States or another country for reasons that relate to the applicant's ability to skillfully and safely practice as a physician in this state.
7. File a completed application pursuant to section 32-1524 and meet the examination requirements provided for in section 32-1525.
B. The board may:
1. Require an applicant to submit credentials or other written or oral proof.
2. Make investigations it deems proper to adequately advise itself with respect to the qualifications of an applicant.
C. Within ninety days after it receives a completed application for initial licensure, the board shall issue a license if the application demonstrates to the board's satisfaction that the applicant complies with this chapter and board rules.