ARIZONA STATE SENATE
Fifty-Fifth Legislature, Second Regular Session
voter lists; images; voting records
Requires a county recorder to publish a list of eligible voters, with certain identifying information redacted, on the county recorder's website 10 days before a primary and general election. Requires a county recorder or an officer in charge of elections to digitally publish a list of all persons who voted and their voting method, all ballot images and a sortable cast vote record.
The officer in charge of elections must ensure that electronic or digital ballot images are protected from physical or electronic access, including unauthorized copying or transferring, and that all security measures are at least as protective as those for paper ballots (A.R.S. § 16-625).
The Secretary of
State must develop and administer a statewide voter registration database that
contains the name and registration information of every registered voter in
Arizona. The database must: 1) include a unique identifier for each voter; 2)
allow access to voter registration officials; and 3) allow expedited entry of
voter registration information once received by county recorders (A.R.S.
§ 16-168). The database must include a voter's registration status and
personal identifying information, including the registrant's: 1) name; 2)
residence address or location;
3) date of birth; and 4) attestation of citizenship (E.P.M. Ch.1 (IV)).
There is no anticipated fiscal impact to the state General Fund associated with this legislation.
1. Requires a county recorder, 10 days before a primary and general election, to publish a list of all eligible voters, including persons who are on the inactive voter list.
2. Requires a county recorder to post the list of eligible voters on the county recorder's website and redact, before posting the list and as applicable, the voter's:
a) date of birth;
b) driver license number;
c) nonoperating identification license number; and
d) social security number or portion of the number.
3. Requires a county recorder or other officer in charge of elections, after a primary and general election and five days before the county canvass, to publish and post the following in a digital format on the county's website:
a) a list of all persons who voted and their method of voting;
b) all ballot images; and
c) the cast vote record in a sortable format.
Requires a county recorder or other officer in charge of elections to
provide for an identifying indicator to be linked to ballots or ballot images
that, when combined with access to the
cast vote record, allows a person a reasonable basis to independently confirm tabulation results by batch of ballots.
5. Requires an officer in charge of elections to ensure that paper ballots are sorted in a manner that allows for convenient retrieval.
6. Becomes effective on the general effective date.
GE 2/16/22 DPA 7-6-0-0
3rd Read 2/28/22 31-26-3
Prepared by Senate Research
March 16, 2022