ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Second Regular Session
House: GE DPA 7-6-0-0
HB 2637: divestment; K-12; abortion; explicit material
Sponsor: Representative Hoffman, LD 12
Caucus & COW
Adds to the divestment policy that must be adopted by the state board of investment, the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) board and the board of trustees of the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
Current law requires the state board of investment, the ASRS board and the board of trustees of PSPRS to each adopt a policy and submit a copy to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, regarding the countries identified as currently designated by the United States Department of State as state sponsors of terrorism. The policy must include the:
1) Procedure to identify United States companies that are in violation of approval for export of crime control and detection instruments and equipment;
2) Process for communicating with the companies and federal officials, including Arizona's congressional delegation, in regard to its findings; and
3) Process for divestment from the companies that are identified (A.R.S. § 35-392).
1. Requires the policy adopted by the state board of investment, the ASRS board and the board of trustees of PSPRS to additionally include the procedure to identify United States companies that do either of the following:
a) Donate to or invest in organizations that facilitate, promote or advocate for abortions for minors; or
b) Donate to or invest in organizations that facilitate, promote or advocate for the inclusion of, or the referral of students to, sexually explicit material in kindergarten programs or any of the 1st – 12th grades. (Sec. 3)
2. Defines sexually explicit material. (Sec. 3)
3. Makes technical and conforming changes. (Sec. 1-3)
Committee on Government & Elections
1. Modifies the definition of sexually explicit material.
4. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
5. HB 2637
6. Initials SJ Page 0 Caucus & COW
8. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------