ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Second Regular Session
House: HHS DP 7-2-0-0 | 3rd Read 59-0-1-0
HB 2030: state hospital; procurement; overtime
Sponsor: Representative Kavanagh, LD 23
Transmitted to the Governor
The Director of ADOA may authorize a workday exclusively to state employees who are in the correctional officer class series of the Arizona Department of Corrections and who are regularly scheduled to work a shift spanning two calendar days (A.R.S. § 23-391).
ASH, a division of DHS, provides long-term inpatient psychiatric treatment to individuals with mental illnesses. Its mission is to provide evidence-based, recovery oriented and trauma-informed care to the individuals receiving services at ASH in order to facilitate their successful transition to the least restrictive alternative possible. DHS is exempt from the procurement code for physician service contracts at ASH (A.R.S. § 41-2501).
2. Exempts DHS from procurement code requirements for contracts providing medically necessary physical health care to individuals under the care of ASH. (Sec. 2)
3. Makes technical changes. (Sec. 1, 2)
6. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
7. HB 2030
8. Initials AG/BG Page 0 Transmitted
10. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------