ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Second Regular Session
House: GE DP 13-0-0-0
HB 2012: county improvement districts; formation
Sponsor: Representative Kavanagh, LD 23
An improvement district is authorized to be established in an unincorporated area by the county Board of Supervisors for the purpose of constructing and operating a wastewater treatment facility and making other local improvements or acquisitions in the district as permitted by statute (A.R.S. § 48-902).
Current law allows a petition to be addressed to the county Board of Supervisors that requests the establishment of an improvement district to be filed with the clerk of the Board if it is signed by a majority of the people owning real property or by the owners of 51% or more of the real property within the proposed district (A.R.S. § 48-903).
Owner is defined in statute as the person:
1) In possession under claim or title;
2) In whom the legal title appears by recorded deed; or
3) Exercising acts of ownership.
Boards of trustees of school districts and boards of education of high school districts owning property within the proposed improvement district are also considered owners (A.R.S. § 48-901).
1. Asserts that an improvement district petition may be filed if signed by a majority of the people owning real property and by the owners of 51% or more of the real property within the proposed district limits. (Sec. 1)
2. Makes technical changes. (Sec. 1)
5. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
6. HB 2012
7. Initials SJ Page 0 House Engrossed
9. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------