ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Second Regular Session
House: GE DP 7-6-0-0 | 3rd Read 39-20-1-0
HB 2010: first responder flags; homeowners' associations
Sponsor: Representative Kavanagh, LD 23
1) The American flag or an official or replica of a flag of the United States army, navy, air force, marine corps or coast guard by a unit owner on that unit owner's property if the American flag or military flag is displayed in a manner consistent with federal law;
2) The POW/MIA flag;
3) The Arizona state flag;
4) An Arizona Indian nations flag; and
5) The Gadsden flag.
1. Includes a first responder flag in flags that an Association may not prohibit the outdoor display of. (Sec. 1, 2)
2. Allows a first responder flag to incorporate the design of one or two other first responder flags to form a combined flag. (Sec. 1, 2)
3. Defines first responder flag as a flag that recognizes and honors the services of any of the following:
a) Law enforcement and that is limited to the colors black, blue and white with specified words and the symbol of a generic police shield in crest or star shape;
b) Fire department and that is limited to the colors gold, black, red and white with outlined words and the symbol of a generic maltese cross; or
c) Paramedics or emergency medical technicians and that is limited to the colors white, blue, and black with specified words and the symbol of a generic star of life. (Sec. 1, 2)
4. Makes technical and conforming changes. (Sec. 1, 2)
1. Adds a blue star service flag or a gold star service flag to flags that an Association may not prohibit the outdoor display of.
2. Clarifies that an Association may not prohibit the outdoor display of a flag of the United States Uniformed Services.
5. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
6. HB 2010
7. Initials SJ Page 0 Senate Engrossed
9. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------