Bill Number: S.B. 1211
Barto Floor Amendment
Reference to: EDUCATION Committee amendment
Amendment drafted by: Leg Council
FLOOR AMENDMENT EXPLANATION
1. Adds, to the methods by which a school may satisfy learning material and activity posting requirements, providing temporary remote access to the school's online learning management system through temporary login credentials that:
a) are provided via a publicly-accessible link on the school website;
b) are automatically generated immediately on request; and
c) provide access for the requested grade levels for at least 72 hours at least once per 30-day period for each requestor.
2. Allows the access provided via temporary login credentials to be limited to the materials and activities used at the school.
3. Specifies that the temporary login credentials are not required to provide access to academic assessments, answer keys, student-generated content, student performance records or other student-identifying information.
4. Specifies that the learning materials and activities which a public school must make available at the school site for parental review includes materials and activities that have been used and that have been planned for use.
5. Specifies that the option to provide for parental review of copyrighted materials through access at the school site within 10 school days is for materials that have been used at the school.
Second Regular Session S.B. 1211
BARTO FLOOR AMENDMENT
SENATE AMENDMENTS TO S.B. 1211
(Reference to EDUCATION Committee amendment)
Page 1, line 25, after "activities" insert "that have been"; after "used" insert "or that have been planned for use"
Page 5, line 27, after "software" insert "or an online learning management system"
Line 30, after "website" insert "or that, if using an online learning management system, temporary remote access is provided on demand pursuant to paragraph 2 of this subsection"
Page 6, line 2, after the comma insert "or by providing temporary login credentials via a publicly accessible link on the school website to the school's online learning management system for any grade levels requested,"; after "that" insert "both of the following apply:
(a)"; after "activities" insert "that are used for student instruction and that are"
Line 3, after "plans" insert "or the online learning management system"
Line 6, after "equivalent" insert "or greater"
Between lines 6 and 7, insert:
"(b) Any temporary login credentials are automatically generated immediately on request and provide access for the requested grade levels for not less than seventy-two hours at least once per thirty-day period for each requestor. The access provided via the login credentials may be limited to the learning materials and activities used for instruction at the school and is not required to provide access to academic assessments, answer keys, student generated content, student performance records or other student identifying information."
Page 13, line 13, after "materials" insert "that have been used"
Amend title to conform