††††††††††† Bill Number: S.B. 1328
††††††††††† Gowan Floor Amendment
††††††††††† Reference to: printed bill
2. Excludes persons working under the authority or orders of a government entity, agency, bureau, employee or official from the outlined prohibitions.
3. Excludes special taxing districts that operate a federal reclamation project from the outlined prohibitions.
4. Adds additional legislative findings.
First Regular Session†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† S.B. 1328
GOWAN FLOOR AMENDMENT
SENATE AMENDMENTS TO S.B. 1328
(Reference to printed bill)
Page 1, line 5, after the second semicolon insert "exception;"
Line 19, strike ", or a"
Strike line 20
Line 21, strike "agency, bureau, employee or official," insert "of this state or a political subdivision of this state"
Line 25, strike ", or a"
Strike line 26
Line 27, strike "agency, bureau, employee or official," insert "of this state or a political subdivision of this state"
Between lines 31 and 32, insert:
"D. This section does not apply to a special taxing district that operates a federal reclamation project."
Reletter to conform
Page 2, line 18, strike "5." insert "6."
Between lines 23 and 24, insert:
"7. That, as of the effective date of this act, the Arizona Revised Statutes provide this state and local law enforcement agencies that operate in this state all of the laws that are necessary to identify and punish criminals for the criminal's unlawful use or possession of firearms.
8. That federal laws and regulations that allow for the possession and use of firearms for lawful purposes on federally controlled lands do not impair or infringe on a citizenís rights.
9. That the federal laws that define who prohibited possessors of firearms are and that are in effect on the effective date of this act do not impair or infringe on a citizenís rights, so long as those laws are enforced in the manner that the laws were enforced before the effective date of this act."
Amend title to conform