ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
First Regular Session
Senate: GOV DP 7-0-0-0 | 3rd Read 30-0-0-0
SB 1066: state agencies; technology plans; deadline
Sponsor: Senator Gray, LD 21
Caucus & COW
Serving as the statewide coordinator for IT resources, ADOA must develop, implement and maintain a coordinated statewide IT plan. As part of the plan, ADOA must evaluate and either approve or disapprove a budget unit's IT plans. The annual deadline for budget units to submit their IT plans is on or before September 1. IT plans include quality assurance plans and disaster recovery plans (A.R.S. § 18-104).
A budget unit is defined as a department, commission, board, institution or other agency of the state receiving, expending or disbursing state funds or incurring obligations of the state including the Arizona Board of Regents, but excluding the universities under the jurisdiction of the Arizona Board of Regents, the community college districts and the legislative or judicial branches (A.R.S. § 18-101).
1. Requires budget units to submit information technology plans to ADOA each year on or before May 15, rather than September 1. (Sec. 1)
2. Stipulates that legislative and judicial departments of state government must submit information technology plans on or before September 1. (Sec. 1)
3. Makes technical changes. (Sec. 1)
6. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
7. SB 1066
8. Initials SJ/AG Page 0 Caucus & COW
10. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------