ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
First Regular Session
HM2001: military sexual assault; service members
Sponsor: Representative Andrade, LD 29
Committee on Military Affairs & Public Safety
States the Arizona House of Representatives pray that the United States (U.S.) Congress will support survivors for military sexual assault and provide funding to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
The VA defines military sexual trauma (MST) as sexual assault or harassment experienced during military service. Furthermore, the VA describes MST to include any sexual activity that a service member is involved with against their will.
1. States that the Arizona House of Representatives pray that the U.S. Congress:
a) Support the survivors of military sexual assault through funding and gender-specific heath transition training;
b) Provide funding to the VA for extensive outreach to those service members who are separating from the armed forces and provide continued funding for modernizing the VA and Department of Defense health records. (Sec. 1)
2. Directs the Arizona Secretary of State to transmit copies of this memorial to the President of the U.S. Senate, the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and each Arizona Congress member. (Sec. 1)
5. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
6. HM 2001
7. Initials ES/SM Page 0 Military Affairs & Public Safety
9. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------