ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
First Regular Session
HB 2808: appropriation; rural broadband grants
Sponsor: Representative Osborne, LD 13
Committee on Appropriations
The ACA was established to facilitate the beneficial economic growth and development of Arizona and to promote prosperity through the development and protection of the legitimate interests of Arizona business, industry and commerce within and outside of Arizona.
Broadband service is defined as providing access and transport to the internet, computer processing, information storage or protocol conversion at a rate of at least one megabit per second in either the upstream or downstream direction, as established by the Federal Communications Commission. Broadband service does not include information content or service applications provided over the access service or any intrastate service that was subject to a tariff (A.R.S. § 28-7381).
Laws 2019, Chapter 263 appropriated $3,000,000 from the state General Fund for FY 2020 to the ACA to provide rural broadband grants.
1. Appropriates $10,000,000 in onetime funding from the GF in FY 2022 to the ACA to provide rural broadband grants. (Sec. 1)
2. Exempts the appropriation from lapsing. (Sec. 1)
5. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
6. HB 2808
7. Initials TG/SM Page 0 Appropriations
9. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------