ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
First Regular Session
House: TRANS DP 11-0-0-1
HB 2424: electronic certificates of title.
Sponsor: Representative Carroll, LD 22
Caucus & COW
Allows the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) to contract with an association of new motor vehicle dealers to manage a lien recording system on behalf of the department at no cost to the state.
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 28-2064, ADOT is allowed to establish a system to require recording of certificate of title information for newly issued, transferred and corrected certificates of title including perfection and release of security interests, through electronic media in a cost-effective manner in lieu of the submission and maintenance of paper documents.
In the process of establishing the system, ADOT is required to:
1) Establish procedures for issuing and maintaining an electronic certificate of title system that is applicable to all certificate of title transactions performed in Arizona; and
2) Develop methods to electronically share information related to applications for certificates of title with law enforcement agencies and licensed entities.
1. Allows ADOT to contract with an association of new motor vehicle dealers to manage a lien recording system on behalf of the department at no cost to the state. (Sec. 1)
4. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
5. HB 2424
6. Initials JT/JR Page 0 Caucus & COW
8. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------