ARIZONA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
First Regular Session
House: TRANS DP 9-2-0-1
HB 2215: appropriation; Route H60
Sponsor: Representative Teller, LD 7
Committee on Appropriations
Appropriates $35,000,000 from the GF in FY 2022 to the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) to distribute to the Hopi Tribe for the Route H60 construction project.
The Hopi Tribe is one of 22 federally recognized tribes in Arizona. The Hopi Department of Transportation (HDOT) is established by the Hopi Tribal Council. HDOT oversees all transportation road maintenance and construction projects throughout all Hopi lands; conduct programs and services to address the Hopi Tribal priorities and needs as determined by the Hopi Tribal Council. Programs to be conducted shall include any and all programs authorized by law, for which funds have been appropriated to the Bureau of Indian Affairs or made available from other agencies.
Hopi Route 60 is an earth road that begins at State Route 264 for 14 miles north to the Navajo/Hopi boundary and ties into Navajo Route N65.
Laws 2016, Chapter 126 appropriated $1,500,000 from the GF in FY 2017 to ADOT to distribute to the Navajo Nation for the Route H60 construction project.
1. Appropriates $35,000,000 from the GF in FY 2022 to ADOT to distribute to the Hopi Tribe for the Route H60 construction project. (Sec. 1)
2. Exempts the appropriation from review by the Joint Committee on Capital Review. (Sec. 1)
5. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------
6. HB 2215
7. Initials JT Page 0 Appropriations
9. ---------- DOCUMENT FOOTER ---------