State of Arizona
First Regular Session
SENATE BILL 1532
appropriating monies for felony pretrial intervention programs.
(TEXT OF BILL BEGINS ON NEXT PAGE)
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Arizona:
Section 1. Appropriations; felony pretrial intervention programs; patient‑engagement mobile application system; exemption
A. The sum of $750,000 is appropriated from the state general fund in each of fiscal years 2019-2020 and 2020‑2021 to the Yavapai county sheriff's office for administering felony pretrial intervention programs and probation surveillance and for the costs of case management.
B. The sum of $750,000 is appropriated from the state general fund in each of fiscal years 2019-2020 and 2020‑2021 to _________________ for purchasing and supporting a patient‑engagement mobile application system. The __________________ shall distribute the appropriated monies to a drug treatment provider that is eligible to receive monies from the Arizona health care cost containment system. The patient‑engagement mobile application system must do all of the following:
1. Comply with the health insurance portability and accountability act privacy standards, (45 Code of Federal Regulations part 164, subpart E).
2. Be capable of providing deoxyribonucleic acid matched urinalysis samples to monitor the mobile application user's substance use.
3. Be capable of providing live audio and video communication between the mobile application user and the user's case manager or probation officer.
4. Be capable of tracking the mobile application user in real time, twenty‑four hours a day.
5. Allow the mobile application user access to a personalized treatment plan.
6. Be capable of integrating with the mobile application user's electronic health records.
C. The appropriations made in subsections A and B of this section are exempt from the provisions of section 35-190, Arizona Revised Statutes, relating to lapsing of appropriations.